Monday 13 August 2012

Kantha Kurta my way !!

Kantha is one the oldest embroidery form from Bengal , I still remember how much I enjoyed doing this way back in school & NIFT as this is the simplest form of embroidery. Recently I have started doing garments customization , well it was always been my passion and after giving up from job I thought I will concentrate on my designing skills full time. I enjoy doing this & it keeps me content and occupied.I don't run a proper boutique shop where ladies come & ask you to do stuff for them. My concept of working is very different I like to connect to my clients , understanding their requirements and then designing for them accordingly.Now that I am already doing it I am get tempted to try new things, can't help it I am greedy woman !! Lolz ...

We have this concept of couple kitty among cousins so I had a reason to get dressed !
It was on weekend and this is what I wore .....









Wearing -
Kantha halter kurta- bought the fabric from an exhibition and designed it myself :), don't miss the multicolored tassels and the bottom laces detailing I added to the look :)
Maroon lycra pajami- bought from local market 
Black peep toe footwear- Aiva 
Yellow Kantha sling bag- Dilli Haat 
Antique gold cuff- Gifted by BFF Shamaila 
Black Ed Hardy Watch 
Panther ring- Accessorize
Yellow earrings- Aisha , gifted by BFF Daman

Makeup wise-
I have applied winked eye liner with neutral liptick and slight blush




Products used to achieve this look




10 comments:

  1. kurta ur way
    and the beautiful way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks deeps , I like experimenting with looks !

      Delete
  2. Very Pretty :)
    Loved the tassels at the back.

    Though I've been reading your blog all this while, commenting for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for commenting deepika , I must say u r doing a fab job unfortunately could not meet u that day ! Delhi's traffic sucks , anways hope to see u soon :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks a lot :) Yeah happens! I had to rush somewhere that day. By the way, I started a blog too... check it out sometime :)
      Plus, I wanted to know are you taking orders?

      Delete
    3. Yeah hope to see u soon :) yes I do take orders .. drop me a mail at cookdokoo@gmail.com and let me know yr requirements :)

      Delete
  3. u looking very pretty loved the tassels they are giving an awesome look to the whole kurta. bag is equally suiting the whole attire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Purvi I feel in love with the bag when I saw it ❤❤❤

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I just rove the right amount of vibrancy both in the Color of kurta & bag ❤❤❤

      Delete